Grant: Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center Pilot Project Grant 1999 - 2000
Project: "Serum Biomarkers of Lung Injury Among Police." $7,500 direct
- Burgess JL, Witten ML, Nanson CJ, Hysong TA, Sherrill DL, Quan SF, Gerkin R, Bernard AM. Serum pneumoproteins: a cross-sectional comparison of firefighters and police. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 2003;44:246-253.
Grant: State of Arizona Attorney General’s Office 2001 - 2002
Project: "Remediation work practices and cleanup levels for clandestine drug laboratories." $94,084Meth Lab
- Burgess JL, Barnhart S, and Checkoway H. Investigating clandestine drug laboratories: Adverse medical effects in law enforcement personnel. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 1996;30:488-494.
- Burgess JL. Phosphine exposure from a methamphetamine laboratory investigation. Journal of Toxicology - Clinical Toxicology 2001;39:165-168.
- Burgess JL, Kovalchick DF, Siegel EM, Hysong TA, McCurdy SA. Medical surveillance of clandestine drug lab investigators. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2002;44:184-189.
- Burgess JL, Chandler D. Clandestine Drug Laboratories. In: Greenberg MI, Hamilton RJ, Phillips SD, McCluskey GJ (eds.) Occupational, Industrial, and Environmental Toxicology 2nd edition, Mosby, Philadelphia, PA. 2003:746-765.
- Thrasher DL, Von Derau K, Burgess JL. Health effects from reported exposure to methamphetamine labs: A poison center-based study. Journal of Medical Toxicology 2009;5:200-204.